Author Topic: Because otherwise this board or whatever would be empty  (Read 1226 times)

Crab Enthusiast

• Donators
Because otherwise this board or whatever would be empty
« on: October 04, 2009, 11:41:40 PM »
Simple premise; if you drew/painted/etch-a-sketched/photoshopped/whatever-ed an image, place it here so we all can laugh at it, or if you're talented, we can laugh at it while secretly weeping bitter jealousy fuelled tears onto our keyboards.

Since it would make sense for the OP to do so, I will start us off.
On a sugar induced high a few days ago, I decided to try drawing with pencils again for the first time in ages.

I'm not sure if it was just the sugar, but for some reason the result wasn't too bad.

Course, my opinion of it might be a bit skewed by the whole "It's a crab" thing.

Oh yes, and also Robo-bear wielding some kind of steam powered Blunderbuss.

Other than those two, I've mainly been attempting to draw things in MS Paint, which isn't the easiest tool for the job.
But still, here's some more images.

Because apparently I like drawing animals with metal bits attached to them.

And because... Well I don't know. Anyway, it's a zombie badger.

There, now I've started us off.
Someone else have a turn.

Jamanticus

• Minister of Fractals
  • Donators
Re: Because otherwise this board or whatever would be empty
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:19:54 AM »
Iron Ninja, I am now fully convinced that you are none other than Michael Palin from Monty Python.

Admit it!  The zombie badger was a dead giveaway, so you can't hide anymore.

And I really like the detail with the joints and the texture of the crab, too.  Is that a battle scar on his left eye?

You have not, in your naive genius, stumbled upon a brilliant new solution to an old problem. You have simply rediscovered an old idea that that's been discounted and discarded many times over because it just plain sucks.

Crab Enthusiast

• Donators
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 01:46:41 AM »
It is indeed.

Scale is hard to show with nothing else in the picture, but the idea was that it was a giant (as in, polar bear sized) crab that takes part in violent gladiatorial combat.
Otherwise that would be some pretty impressively minuscule stitching.

I'm quite well learned as far as Python goes, but I can't seem to remember a bit about zombie badgers.
In any case, I deny the existence of any evidence suggesting that I am Michael Palin.
Especially my induction as a Commander in the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

But know that I, someone who is certainly not Michael Palin, do think that said Mister Palin (CBE) is quite a dashing individual with an intelligence and comedic wit far beyond most other members of a popular British sketch troop. Especially John Cleese.
Fuck John Cleese.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:38:51 AM by Crab Enthusiast »

Elvenmonk

• Administrator
    • Elvenmonk.net
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »
amazing work there Crabz-my-man. I don't know why Orochi isn't posting her artwork up, really.